The Butt Stops Here Facilitator Training
About the Training:
This course is designed for public health educators, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, dental hygienists, tobacco cessation specialists, healthcare administrators, insurers, social workers, wellness professionals, nurses, psychologists, counselors and others interested in running tobacco cessation groups or working with patients one-on-one to help them quit smoking.
This program trains participants how to conduct and implement the award winning, evidence-based tobacco cessation program called The Butt Stops Here. By attending this program, participants will:
- Be able to provide smoking cessation counseling services in a group setting or one-on-one
- Learn why and how tobacco addiction is a behavioral and physical dependency
- Learn evidence-based strategies on how to help smokers quit
- Understand and apply motivation interviewing skills when working with smokers
- Provide solid counseling techniques and state-of-the-art group facilitation skills
About the Program:
The Butt Stops Here was developed and launched by Seton Health in 2001 based on funding that was received from the New York State Department of Health. Thousands of group programs have been offered over the past two decades throughout the Capital Region and online. Evaluation of the in-person group program has shown a one-year quit rate of 30-35% and receives on-going praise and referrals from participants.
When: Stay tuned for our next training
Fee: $75 payable by cash, check or purchase order
To register: Complete the registration form below. Contact us at Gwen.Mergian@sphp.com with any questions.
Pre-registration is required as space is limited.