What is Creating Healthy Schools and Communities, and what do we do?
Creating Healthy Schools and Communities (CHSC) is a NYS Department of Health-funded grant.
We help designated school districts in the Greater Capital Region, through tailoring wellness policies, to meet the unfunded federal and state
regulations while meeting the district’s needs to ensure they have the resources needed to successfully implement such policies.
CHSC addresses childhood obesity through partnerships with schools and their communities – our areas of focus include:
- Increasing opportunities for physical activity through the CDC-developed CSPAP program
- Reinforcing healthy nutrition environments that support and promote healthful eating through Smart Snacks guidelines
- Creating healthy environments that support healthy foods and physical activity
- Establishing and updating school wellness policies and Smart Snacks requirements
3 Ways We Can Help:
“The mind and body go together, or they go nowhere.”
A program of St. Peter’s Health Partners
Creating Healthy Schools and Communities coordinators for the Capital District:
Victoria Keir, serving the school districts of Hudson, Lansingburgh, Rensselaer, Schenectady and Troy
(518) 459-2550 x228 | Victoria.Keir@sphp.com
Alyssa Joseph, MPH, serving the school districts of Albany, Cohoes and Watervliet
(518) 459-2550 x226 | Alyssa.Joseph@sphp.com