The Butt Stops Here program began in 2001 and has provided services to over 7,000 residents in the Capital District and beyond. Many people have become certified facilitators through our Facilitator Training, and are now able to offer the program in various locations. Our unique seven week program offers a combination of group support and education to assist you in your journey to quit smoking. We also provide a 4-6 week supply of nicotine patches or gum to those who qualify.
In addition, we provide a workbook, relaxation CD and a “survival kit.” The program is led by our highly skilled and experienced facilitators, many of whom are former Butt Stops Here participants.
St. Mary’s Hospital will have Butt Stops here starting on Thursday October 19th and ending on November 16th, 5:30-6:30pm. Classes stick to no more than 20 people per program. For more information please call (518) 268-6442.
The program meets once a week at a few locations in the Capital District. For more information or to register, call:
- *St. Mary’s Hospital: (518) 268-6442
- 1300 Massachusetts Ave. Troy – Class meets on Thursdays evenings
- *St. Peter’s Cancer Center: (518) 525-1827
- 317 South Manning Blvd. Albany –Class meets on Mondays evenings
- Ellis Medicine: (518) 831-6957 – Class meets on Monday evenings
- McClellan Street Health Center, 600 McClellan Street, Schenectady
- MVP: visit mvphealthcare.com and select Members, then Health and Wellness, then Sign up for MVP Well-Being Programs
- Class meets on Tuesday evenings
- Schenectady County Library, 99 Clinton Street, Schenectady
- Bassett Healthcare Network A.O. Fox Hospital: to register visit http://www.bassett.org/medical/services/womens-health/smoking-cessation/
- For more information visit the above website, or call 1-800-BASSETT (1-800-227-7388) or 607-431-5180
- St. Mary’s Healthcare: (518) 841-7448
- 427 Guy Park Ave Amsterdam, New York
- $45 per 7 sessions
- $20 for Medicaid enrollees
- Program fee is covered by some insurance plans
- Payment can be made by cash or check at first session
Youth and Quitting: http://healthprograms.org/quit-now/youth-quitting/
NYS Smokers’ Quitline: http://healthprograms.org/quit-now/nys-smokers-quitline/
Tools to help you quit smoking: http://healthprograms.org/quit-now/tools-to-help-you-quit-smoking/