Butt Stops Here Community Cessation Groups
The Butt Stops Here program began in 2001 and has provided services to over 7,000 residents in the Capital District. Our unique seven week program offers a combination of group support and education to assist you in your journey to quit smoking. We also provide a 2 week supply of nicotine patches or gum to those who qualify.
In addition, we provide a workbook, relaxation CD and a “survival kit.” The program is led by our highly skilled and experienced facilitators, many of whom are former Butt Stops Here participants.
The program meets once a week at two locations in the Capital District. For more information or to register, call:
- St. Mary’s Hospital: (518) 268-5727
- 1300 Massachusetts Ave. Troy – Class meets on Tuesday evenings
- St. Peter’s Cancer Center: (518) 525-1827
- 317 South Manning Blvd. Albany –Class meets on Mondays evenings
Interested in attending a program in Schenectady? Click Here
Butt Stops Here Facilitator Training
Want to become a certified facilitator to conduct your own smoking cessation groups at your place of business? We offer a facilitator training several times a year in Albany, NY. The Butt Stops Here program can also be adapted for one-on-one cessation counseling. For more information or to register, click HERE.
Butt Stops Here Worksite Programs
We are pleased to offer the Butt Stops Here program at worksites throughout the Capital District. We provide a trained facilitator to run the program and all the supplies needed. All you need to do is recruit and register the participants! Below are the details and costs for this program.
- Provide a comfortable location for the group to meet once per week for 7 weeks.
- Promote the program to employees and register interested participants.
- Allow employees time to attend the program for one hour a week (Note: While it is up to the employer to determine if employees attend on work or personal time, we highly recommend employers allow for the one hour to be conducted on work time. The return on investment of that one hour will be well worth it for you and will encourage greater participation.)
- We will provide a trained and seasoned facilitator to run the group at your location once a week for seven weeks.
- We will provide a 2-week supply of nicotine replacement therapy (patches or gum) to the group participants (Note: If a participant has a contraindication to using the medications, a doctor’s note will be required.)
- We will provide all materials needed for each participant: Quitters Workbook, Survival Kit, Relaxation CD.
- We will provide marketing materials that you can tailor to promote the program to employees.
- $350 program fee to cover the facilitator (to be paid by employer)
- $45 for each participant* to cover medications and materials (can be paid by either the employer or the participant)
*Some health plans, such as CDPHP, will cover the cost for the participant.
If you would like the Butt Stops Here program conducted at your location, please fill out the form below and a member of our staff will contact you. You may also call us at 518 459-2550 with any questions.