Next Butt Stops Here Facilitator Training: Tuesday, November 14th 2017
Call (518) 459-2550 for more information or register using the form below.
Facilitator Certification Training
When: Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
8:00AM – 8:30AM Light Refreshments & Coffee
8:30AM – 4:00PM Training
12:00PM – 1:00PM Lunch (on your own)
Where: St. Peter’s Health Partners Community Health Programs office
24 Aviation Rd. Suite 204 Albany, NY 12205
Fee: $75 payable by cash, check or purchase order
To register: Complete the registration form below or contact us at 518-459-2550
(Pre-registration required. Space Limited)
This course is designed for public health educators, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, dental hygienists,tobacco cessation specialists, healthcare administrators, insurers, social workers, wellness professionals, nurses, psychologists,counselors, etc.
This program trains participants how to conduct and implement the award winning, evidence-based tobacco cessation program called The Butt Stops Here. By attending this program, participants will:
- Be able to provide smoking cessation counseling services in a group or individual setting
- Learn why and how tobacco addiction is a behavioral and physical dependency
- Learn evidence based strategies on how to help smokers quit
- Understand and apply motivation interviewing skills when working with smokers who do not want to quit.
- Provide solid counseling techniques and state-of-the-art group facilitation skills
About the Program
The Butt Stops Here was developed and launched by Seton Health in 2001 based on funding that was received from the New York State Department of Health. Hundreds of group programs have been offered over the past 13 years throughout the Capital Region, reaching over 7,000 smokers. The program boasts a completion rate of 60% and a one-year quit rate of 30%.
Pre-registration is required. Register below.
Additional trainings offered: Dates TBD
Community Health Programs, 24 Aviation Rd Suite 204, Albany NY 12205
PHONE (518) 459-2550 • FAX (518) 459-2633